About This Project
We have numerous clinical and translational projects underway to understand the following areas:
- Pathophysiology of upper respiratory airway biology in chronic inflammation, such as sinusitis and cystic fibrosis.
- Improving and accelerating wound healing in the nasal cavity and sinuses following surgery.
- Devising new surgical procedures to treat ethmoid sinusitis with novel surgical tools and empty nose syndrome/”nasal over operation” with turbinate reconstruction surgery.
- Improving access and applications for telementoring of sinus and skull base surgery both nationally and internationally to broadly disseminate successful tools and techniques to colleagues.
- Utilizing novel imaging platforms to assess surgical progress and tumor resection (when applicable) in the intraoperative setting.
- Understanding the impact on quality of life of empty nose syndrome/”nasal over operation,” and the potential improvements achieved with medical and surgical management.
- Creating next generation topical sprays and rinses that eliminate chronic upper airway inflammation and better treat recurrent infections.